Saturday, April 25, 2020


Return to Normalcy?



Oklahoma and other states are now allowing businesses to open. Hopefully, we will return to normalcy soon, although I think the results will be with us for years. It seems to me that through this entire ordeal, people are motivated by fear and panic. I never thought that in my lifetime I would see churches in America, closed for any reason, but it happened, and with a surprising willingness. Fear has brought more allegiance to civil authority than to the Word of God. Government has demonstrated its ability to suppress the Church and in the future, it will be easier for government to control the Church. I do not mourn for the Church, it will reap what it sows. I mourn for the people that may spend eternity estranged from God because the Church has lost its autonomy. History has demonstrated that both, a church controlled by government, and government controlled by church, are dysfunctional and ineffective.

Jim


No comments:

Post a Comment